Cowboys Backup QB Orton A No-Show For Minicamp
IRVING, Texas (AP) – Dallas Cowboys backup quarterback Kyle Orton is a no-show for the first mandatory offseason practice.
Orton missed all the voluntary workouts amid reports that he is contemplating retirement. Dallas coach Jason Garrett has said he expected Orton to show up for the mandatory three-day minicamp that started Tuesday.
The 31-year-old Orton has one year remaining on his contract. He can be fined about $70,000 for missing the minicamp.
Orton started in place of Tony Romo in a loss to Philadelphia in last year’s finale with a playoff berth on the line. Romo has been limited in the offseason after back surgery.
Brandon Weeden, a first-round pick by Cleveland in 2012, is the No. 2 quarterback in Orton’s absence.
105.3 The FAN (@1053thefan) June 17, 2014
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- North Texas Kids Prepare To Compete For Championship In Taekwondo
- Fort Worth Duplex Damaged By Fire Caused By A/C
- Fans Get Perfect Traffic Storm When Cowboys, Rangers Play At Same Time
- Cowboys Are Now 0-3 In Preseason
- Trump Says He’ll Decide On Third Party Bid Soon
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures