DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – A 31-year-old man infected with HIV who’s accused of having sex with a 15-year-old girl, plead guilty in court Tuesday.
Matthew Reese faces three charges: aggravated sexual assault of a child with a deadly weapon, in exchange for 55 years, aggravated sexual assault with serious bodily injury, in exchange for 20 years, and sexual assault of a child, in exchange for 20 years.
Dallas County prosecutors said Matthew Louis Reese knew he had HIV when he engaged in a seven-month sexual relationship with the girl.
They asked a judge Tuesday to order Reese to serve his sentences consecutively, which could result in a 95-year-sentence.
Both the victim and her mother testified, as did a health worker and detective. An inmate is also scheduled to testify against Reese. The inmate recently was caught having sex with the Reese, according to officers, in their bunk. He alleges that Reese didn’t disclose that he was HIV positive.
Reese’s attorney declined to comment before testimony began this morning.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Mansfield Police Identify Remains More Than 2 Years After Being Discovered
- Mother Who Fought Off Attacker Shares Story
- ‘Tourniquet Killer’ Executed In Texas For 1992 Strangling
- Price Of Stamp Could Increase 1 Cent This Month
- Dallas Area Leaders Pumped To Be An Amazon Headquarters Finalist
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures