NORTH TEXAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Animal Planet is known for its alternative programming when the Super Bowl is on. Every year, they produce the Puppy Bowl.
Now Animal Planet has come up with something similar for the soccer fans. The online tournament is the network’s canine take on the 2014 World Cup.
They’re broadcasting what they have dubbed “The World Pup.” The network will pit 16 different breeds of dogs against each other. It will show footage of the cuddly canines as their home country plays their World Cup matches.
A chihuahua will represent Mexico for example, a the French Bulldog for France and the Alaskan Malamut for the United States. Viewers can participate in the furry fun by voting on which dog they deem the cutest.
Click here to visit the event’s site to watch clips about the canine contestant’s breed before casting their votes.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Stakes Have Never Been Higher For Ted Cruz To Stop Donald Trump
- Jury Awards $55M In Another Johnson & Johnson Cancer Suit
- Move Over Drones, Driverless Cars – Unmanned Ships Up Next
- Families Of Bus Crash Victims To Share Nearly $11 Million
- Bassist: Prince Found ‘Real Happiness’ As Jehovah’s Witness
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures