Crews Recover Body Of Missing Melissa Man In Lewisville Lake
THE COLONY (CBSDFW.COM) — Crews have found the body of a Melissa man who went missing on Sunday after jumping in the water to save his nephew.
Michael Quach, 38, went into the water Sunday afternoon just southwest of Hidden Cove in The Colony. His body was found near that same area early Wednesday morning.
“It was just standard shoreline search starting at daybreak, and that’s how we found it,” said Game Warden Cliff Swafford.
Quach was not wearing a life jacket when he jumped in to save his nephew, who was drifting away from the boat. The nephew was wearing a life jacket and was able to make it back to the boat safely.
Crews began the search on Sunday, but ran into high winds and five-foot swells, which created interference with the sonar equipment used in the search.
The Tarrant County Medical Examiner’s Office has taken possession of the body to determine the cause of death.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Texas Clinics File Supreme Court Appeal Of Abortion Law
- New Social Media Campaign Supports Police All Over N. Texas And U.S.
- Court Documents: Abilene Officer’s Homicide Was Premeditated
- Lawyer Says Deputies Didn’t Need To Kill Texas Man
- Secrets To Your Car Insurance Rates Revealed
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures