CROWLEY (CBSDFW.COM) – Several kids in Crowley were seriously injured Tuesday night when they fell from the top of a moving vehicle. Authorities responded at around 8:30 p.m. to the 400 block of Angler Drive, where there were reports of children in need of immediate medical attention.
Police officers and medics arrived at the scene and soon learned about what had happened. They were told that six kids were riding on the car’s hood and trunk — on top of the vehicle — while it was traveling down the street. The mothers of the children were both inside of the vehicle, one driving and the other as a passenger.
Officers were told that the families were at a community swimming pool together. The mothers allowed the six children to ride on top of the car afterward because the kids were still wet. The ages of the children range from 8 to 14.
The four kids riding on the vehicle’s trunk all fell and suffered serious injuries. They were transported to Cook Children’s Medical Center in Fort Worth, one by air ambulance. That patient — a 12-year-old child — had a severe head injury. The injuries of the other kids are not known. There has been no word on their current conditions.
The driver of the vehicle has been identified as 39-year-old Kisha Young. She was arrested and charged with intoxication assault. Police said that additional charges for both mothers are pending.
- NFL Draft Experience Offers Free Fun For Football Fans At AT&T Stadium
- Affidavit: Neighbors Help Child Enslaved At 5 In Texas Home Escape 16 Years Later
- 0.5K Charity Road Race In Texas Starts And Ends With Beer
- CDC: Autism May Be More Common Than Previously Thought
- Jaguars Owner Shahid Khan Makes Bid For Iconic Wembley Stadium
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures