DALLAS COUNTY (CBSDFW.COM) – The Dallas County Sheriff’s Office is looking for the mystery man who helped rescue a woman from a burning building last winter.
The man stopped to help an off-duty detective break down the door of a burning home and carry her out of the residence, located at 431 W. Pleasant Run in Lancaster.
The woman could be heard calling for help inside the home shortly before midnight on December 27, 2013. Once inside the home, Detective S. Smith and the unidentified man searched for the woman and helped her escape with severe burns on both arms. By the time fire units arrived on the scene, the home was completely engulfed in flames.
The Lancaster Fire Department and Dallas County Sheriff’s Department has been searching for the unidentified hero for the past six months with no luck. The Department would like to honor the man with a Life Saving Award at an upcoming awards ceremony on Thursday, June 26, but has yet to find him.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Manziel Looking For Plea Deal According To Lawyer’s Accidental Text
- Armed Robber Strikes Allen Subway
- Will Derrick Rose Save The Knicks… Can Anyone?
- Texans Talk Succession On Heels Of Britain’s EU Rejection
- Settlement Reached In Lawsuit Over Alamo Library Items
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures