Family Files Lawsuit Against Balch Springs After Daughter Drowns In Pond
BALCH SPRINGS, Texas (1080 KRLD) – A distraught family has filed a wrongful death lawsuit against the city of Balch Springs after their 10-year old daughter drowns in a new city pond.
The family says Tamia Johnson was following signs at Walter E. Luedke Park directing her to a swim area. But park officials say because of recent heavy rains the pond was fuller than anticipated.
According to reports, after getting in the water Johnson struggled to swim and eventually went under. Her body was later found at the bottom of the pond.
Johnsons’ father says if the city had put up proper ‘no swimming’ signs his daughter would be alive today.
He says since his daughter died his wife and two other children have been lost.
The city has since put up no swimming signs around the area that Johnson drowned. The city would not comment on the lawsuit.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Staples: Customer Data Exposed In Security Breach
- Rondo Wants Another Title Run In Move To Dallas
- Perry: Top Official Resigning Over No-Bid Contract
- Unexpected Surprise For Some Collin County Burglary Victims
- Animal Shelter At Code Red Full; Specials Offered
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures