Man Gets 75 Years For Sexual Assault That Left Teen With HIV
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM/AP) — An HIV-positive Dallas man has been sentenced to 75 years in prison for sexually assaulting a 15-year-old girl who became infected with the virus.
Matthew Louis Reese was sentenced Wednesday after pleading guilty earlier to charges that include sexual assault and aggravated sexual assault. The 31-year-old Reese could face additional prison time Thursday when a judge considers his punishment on another count of assault.
Investigators say Reese had a seven-month sexual relationship with the girl and passed the virus to her. The now-17-year-old girl testified she would not have been with Reese if he told her about his HIV status.
At least two others testified during Reese’s trial that he never told them prior to having sex that he carried the virus that causes AIDS. One of those witnesses was a male inmate caught having sex with Reese in jail.
An attorney for Reese declined comment.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Folks Flock To Lake Arlington On Memorial Day
- Pair Of World War II Vets Share Feelings On Memorial Day
- Veterans Share Disappointment About Fall Of Ramadi To ISIS
- 2 Gun Rights Bills Expected To Get Final Votes In Texas
- Constant Downpours Dampen Local Business Operations
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures