Sneaky Romo Works At Cowboys Minicamp
IRVING (CBSDFW.COM) – The Dallas Cowboys opened Tuesday’s three-day minicamp with a familiar, welcome and limited sight.
Tony Romo was under center.
And then he tried to get under center again — during a portion of the workout beyond walk-through, pat-and-go and a pretty intense making-all-the-throws operation of the slot-receiver route tree — using a more sneaky approach.
“You saw that, huh?” Romo said coyly.
“It was pretty obvious that the jersey was a little snug on him,” coach Jason Garrett said when noting that the enthusiastic Romo, trying to take it slow while recovering from back surgery, attempted to don Caleb Hanie’s No. 7 jersey to steal some reps. “That’s when I looked and said, ‘Get him out of the huddle.’
Romo pledges to be ready for the July 22 reporting to camp in Oxnard, complete with a repeat of last year’s pre-camp mountain-running.
“I’m miles ahead of last year,” Romo said of his conditioning. “I don’t think they’re comparable. I think last year I was just starting around this point, so this year I’ve had whatever [number of] months to kind of get myself into feeling like I can go. Now, it’s going to be more perfecting as opposed to just trying to hammer everything out in four weeks, three weeks.”
- Pre Game Playlist: The Side of Tamba Hali You Didn’t Know
- ERCOT Reports Record Week In Electricity Demand
- Woods In Contention At Quicken Loans After 5-Under 66
- MedStar Reports Near Drowning At Hawaiian Falls Water Park In White Settlement
- Top 5 Wildest Sports Callers Of The Week: July 27-31
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures