DALLAS (CBS 11 NEWS) — Tesla Motors will open it’s first gallery in North Texas at Dallas’ North Park Center on Friday.
Not to be mistaken with a sales room, the gallery serves as an educational display of the Tesla’s Model S, a fully electrically powered car.
Tesla, doesn’t use a third party franchisee to sell it’s cars. Instead, they sell directly to their customers. However, Texas state franchising laws prohibit that kind of auto sale.
So a gallery, with nothing more than product information, is all Tesla can currently offer it’s customers in North Texas.
Alexis Georgeson of Tesla said the galleries, which they also have in Houston and Austin, allow them, “the opportunity to get as many people as possible in front of the car…talk to them about Tesla and what we’re doing.”
Unlike a showroom, Tesla’s gallery is not allowed to offer test drives or offer pricing information. Interested customers are referred to the company’s website for all buyers information.
The Model S which is compared to any modern “luxury sedan,” according to the company is priced at $70,000 according to a representative.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Dallas City Leaders Making Plans For High Speed Rail
- Nonprofit Fires Director Accused Of Theft At Previous Job
- Tillerson Heading For Confirmation As Secretary Of State
- 1 Killed In Crash Involving Big Rigs On NB I-45 Near I-20
- Metro: Women’s March Second Highest Day Ever For Ridership
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures