DALLAS (AP) – A man from Canada has been sentenced to 25 years in prison for traveling to Texas and luring a 14-year-old boy he met online into having sex.
A federal judge in Dallas on Wednesday sentenced 43-year-old Phillip Amisano-Camillo. He pleaded guilty last August to enticement of a minor. A charge of traveling with intent to engage in sexual acts with a minor was dropped as part of the plea deal.
Prosecutors say Amisano-Camillo chatted online with the boy in April 2012, then the following month traveled from Washington state to Dallas to meet the teen.
Investigators say Amisano-Camillo enticed the boy to sneak out of his home and the duo engaged in sexual acts at a hotel.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Plano Takes Aim At Swamp Rat Infestation
- Top 5 Things NOT To Buy On Black Friday
- Man Gets Life Sentence In Texas ‘Stand Your Ground’ Retrial
- Two People Hospitalized, 3 Pets Dead After Irving House Fire
- 9-Year-Old Survives After Car Pins Him To Wall, Mom Thankful
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures