Man Arrested After High-Speed Chase In Dallas
Get Breaking News First
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) - A man was arrested early Thursday morning after leading Dallas County sheriff’s deputies on a high-speed chase through parts of west Dallas. The incident began just after 3:30 a.m. when authorities tried to stop the suspect for speeding. The vehicle took off and deputies followed.
The suspect, in a Lexus, hit speeds of more than 80 mph at times, and eventually crashed out along Chalk Hill Road, near Interstate-30. But that man then jumped out of the vehicle and started to flee on foot. He was apprehended after an intense search by deputies, assisted by members of the Dallas Police Department and the DPD’s helicopter.
Authorities found a bag of stolen GPS units in the back of the suspect’s vehicle.
The man’s name has not been released. Officials have not stated what charges he might now face.
Two teenage girls — ages 15 and 17 — were also inside of the vehicle when it crashed. They were taken to Children’s Medical Center in Dallas with minor injuries. Their relationships to the suspect are not known.
- 5 Must Watch College Football Games This Weekend
- Dallas Cowboys Injury Report: Linebackers Back to Full Strength
- Cowboys Surviving Without Sacks, But Can It Last?
- Baptist Church Youth Leader Arrested For Indecent Exposure
- TCU Showing Pride For Former Ebola Patient Nina Pham
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures