Dallas-Area Bank Robber Gets Nearly 17 Years
DALLAS (AP) – Prosecutors say a man who robbed nearly two dozen Texas banks since 2006 will head back to prison after returning to a life of crime.
A federal judge in Dallas on Thursday sentenced 51-year-old William Clark Perschman of Addison to nearly 17 years in prison.
Investigators say Perschman last July and August robbed four banks in the Dallas area while on supervised release and pleaded guilty to the holdups.
Records show Perschman served more than five years in prison for robbing 18 banks in Dallas during 2006. He was released from federal custody in February 2011 but was put on three years of supervised released.
Investigators say Perschman usually wore a T-shirt or a towel draped over his head to disguise his identity.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- NFL Listen Live Week 13: Philadelphia Eagles vs Dallas Cowboys
- NFL Preview: Philadelphia Eagles vs Dallas Cowboys
- Thanksgiving: Parades, Travel, Shopping
- 3 People Hurt In Dallas Wrong-Way Crash
- Toyota Recalls About 30,000 Minivans
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures