DALLAS (AP) — Prosecutors say a man who robbed nearly two dozen Texas banks since 2006 will head back to prison after returning to a life of crime.
A federal judge in Dallas on Thursday sentenced 51-year-old William Clark Perschman of Addison to nearly 17 years in prison.
Investigators say Perschman last July and August robbed four banks in the Dallas area while on supervised release and pleaded guilty to the holdups.
Records show Perschman served more than five years in prison for robbing 18 banks in Dallas during 2006. He was released from federal custody in February 2011 but was put on three years of supervised released.
Investigators say Perschman usually wore a T-shirt or a towel draped over his head to disguise his identity.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Cowboys’ Jaylon Smith – A Medical Risk But ‘Never Doubt God’
- Tornado Damages Buildings In East Texas
- Family Warns Of Moldy Dog Food After Pets Get Sick
- Dallas Police Searching For Missing 9-Year-Old Boy
- 8 Children Rescued From San Antonio Home In “Horrific” Child Abuse Case
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures