PLANO (KRLD) — What do ice cream and pajamas have in common? Usually, nothing. But this Saturday in Plano, the two come together to raise money for a great cause.
Henry’s Homemade Ice Cream in Plano is hosting its 20th annual Pajama Party. Free quarts of ice cream will be served to everyone dressed in their pajamas.
Cancer survivors will be serving the ice cream, with all tips being donated to the American Cancer Society.
“If you don’t like wild and crazy, best not come to this event!” said Judy Cordell, a 10-year cancer survivor.
Last year, 720 people showed up in pajamas, helping raise $1,500. And this year?
“This year, we expect 720 to 1,000 people.”
JD Ryan is Around Town with more information about the event, which takes place Saturday from 7:00 to 8:30 p.m.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Changes Coming To West 7th Street Bridge In Fort Worth?
- L.A. Rams Owner Purchases W.T. Waggoner Ranch
- Texas Police Officer Shoots, Kills Unarmed Nude Teen
- State Lawmakers Consider Softening Drug Penalties
- Man Pleads Guilty To Murdering Duncanville Teen
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures