RICHARDSON TX (CBSDFW.COM) – It was part concert and part car & bike show to benefit the Scottish Rite Hospital for Children in Dallas. The idea was inspired by a mother who knows all about good deeds.
Holly Moore says when her son Bishop was only 8 months old, he couldn’t walk. Family and doctors feared he was suffering from Cerebral Palsy, and she needed help getting her son treatment.
“To be able to take care of my child when I couldn’t is the most amazing thing that they could have ever done for us,” said Moore. “We were very concerned. We didn’t have any insurance. Socttish Rite took my son in and did all the testing necessary and got him all the therapy he needed and now he is three years old and he is running all over the place.”
Now, Moore is staying true to her promise of giving back to the hospital that took her son in when they had nowhere to turn.
Moore and her friends organized this block party Saturday in Richardson. There were plenty of hot rods, and motorcycles to check out and all kinds of food to eat. They even had a pin-up girl contest.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Support Pours In For Damaged Jewish Cemetery Near St. Louis
- WWE: Why Naomi Will Reclaim The SmackDown Women’s Title
- Texas Bill Would Bar Immigration Enforcement In ‘Safe Zones’
- Protest Planned For House Speaker Paul Ryan’s Texas Visit
- 7 Earth-Size Worlds Found Orbiting Star; Could Hold Life
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures