Mayors From Across The Country Meet In Dallas
DALLAS, TX (CBSDFW.COM) – City leaders from across the nation are in Dallas this weekend discussing ways to boost jobs, drive tourism and transportation.
Saturday, they set their sights on the men and women returning home from war and what communities can do help those heroes.
Arlington Mayor Robert Cluck was one of the panelists. He spoke about how he was in his residency at Parkland Hospital to become a doctor when he was drafted to Vietnam. He said what he saw during his service is what gave him his passion to help veterans.
The forum was used to discuss the ways mayors from across the nation are welcoming and helping military members settle back home. Panelists spoke about how their cities are helping veterans get jobs, education and the healthcare they need when they return.
Dallas Cowboys legend Roger Staubach also attended the conference.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Synthetic Marijuana Use Spikes, Concerns Lawmakers
- Kentucky Derby Preview: American Pharoah, Dortmund Favorites To Win
- 5 Great Floyd Mayweather Fights
- Cowboys Sign Punter Chris Jones To New Deal
- David Ragan To Replace Vickers At MWR For Rest Of NASCAR Season
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures