The White House is set to spend millions of dollars in order to stop the surge of undocumented children crossing the US-Mexican border.
On Sunday the Obama administration revealed a plan to help Central American governments reintegrate illegal migrants who’ve crossed into the US. That announcement came as homeland security officials toured border protection facilities in San Antonio.
Forty-seven thousand children have crossed the border since October of last year. Hundreds have ended up in North Texas.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Man Accused Of Ripping Off North Texas Tornado Victims Jailed
- 2 Wanted For Attempted Kidnapping Of Teen Girl In Parker County
- Fake License Plates Mean Free Rides For Hundreds Of North Texans
- Child Advocates Relieved Trump To Keep Families Together After Crossing Border Illegally
- Desperate 911 Call Played In Notorious California Abuse Case
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures