The White House is set to spend millions of dollars in order to stop the surge of undocumented children crossing the US-Mexican border.
On Sunday the Obama administration revealed a plan to help Central American governments reintegrate illegal migrants who’ve crossed into the US. That announcement came as homeland security officials toured border protection facilities in San Antonio.
Forty-seven thousand children have crossed the border since October of last year. Hundreds have ended up in North Texas.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Mark Cuban Fined $600K For Tanking Comments
- District Will Suspend Kids Who Leave Class To Protest Florida Shooting – ‘We Are Here For An Education And Not A Political Protest’
- AT&T To Bring 5G To Dallas & Other Cities In 2018
- Texas School To Build Police Substation On Campus
- South Carolina Lawmakers Propose Bill To Ban Saggy Pants In Public
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures