The White House is set to spend millions of dollars in order to stop the surge of undocumented children crossing the US-Mexican border.
On Sunday the Obama administration revealed a plan to help Central American governments reintegrate illegal migrants who’ve crossed into the US. That announcement came as homeland security officials toured border protection facilities in San Antonio.
Forty-seven thousand children have crossed the border since October of last year. Hundreds have ended up in North Texas.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Army Beats Navy 21-17 To End 14-Year Losing Streak In Series
- Red-Suited SantaCon Pub Crawl Revelers Fan Out Across NYC
- Trump Expected To Tap Exxon’s Tillerson As Secretary Of State
- Dallas Police Searching For Suspects In Robbery Spree
- Trump Weighs In On ‘Celebrity Apprentice’ Involvement
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures