The White House is set to spend millions of dollars in order to stop the surge of undocumented children crossing the US-Mexican border.
On Sunday the Obama administration revealed a plan to help Central American governments reintegrate illegal migrants who’ve crossed into the US. That announcement came as homeland security officials toured border protection facilities in San Antonio.
Forty-seven thousand children have crossed the border since October of last year. Hundreds have ended up in North Texas.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Consumer Justice Cooler Challenge: Who Beat The Heat?
- Warning: Chicago Felony Lane Gang Members Possibly In Town
- Officer To Skydive In Uniform At Addison Kaboom Town
- North Texas Could See Record For Near-Drownings
- Fireworks Stand First Copeville Business To Reopen After December’s Tornado
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures