The White House is set to spend millions of dollars in order to stop the surge of undocumented children crossing the US-Mexican border.
On Sunday the Obama administration revealed a plan to help Central American governments reintegrate illegal migrants who’ve crossed into the US. That announcement came as homeland security officials toured border protection facilities in San Antonio.
Forty-seven thousand children have crossed the border since October of last year. Hundreds have ended up in North Texas.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Weiner Due In Court For Sentencing In Sexting Scandal
- Langer Wins By 3 Shots At Pebble Beach, 5th Victory Of Year
- No Protests In NASCAR After Warnings From Executives
- Immigrants Touched By Mexico Quake, Try To Help From Afar
- WWII Vet Takes A Knee In Support Of Anthem Protests
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures