The White House is set to spend millions of dollars in order to stop the surge of undocumented children crossing the US-Mexican border.
On Sunday the Obama administration revealed a plan to help Central American governments reintegrate illegal migrants who’ve crossed into the US. That announcement came as homeland security officials toured border protection facilities in San Antonio.
Forty-seven thousand children have crossed the border since October of last year. Hundreds have ended up in North Texas.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- A Waiting Game As John Wiley Price Jury Continues Deliberations
- ‘Bachelor’ Star Chris Soules Jailed After Deadly Iowa Crash
- Former All-Pro Linebacker Says Race A Factor In Desoto Coach’s Possible Firing
- Report: Fewer Immigrants Without Status Since 2009
- Fiat Chrysler, Google Offering Rides In Self-Driving Cars
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures