DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – A dozen children were rescued across Texas, and several people arrested, as part of a nationwide operation targeting child sex trafficking. Investigators taking part in Operation Cross Country rescued 2 children in Dallas.
The task force involved local, state, and federal law enforcement agencies. FBI Director James Comey said 281 people were arrested nationwide on charges of forcing children into prostitution.
“The lesson of Operation Cross Country is that our children are not for sale. We will respond and crush these pimps that would crush these children,” said Comey.
The operation has so far led to the rescue of 168 children nationwide. Investigators in Dallas targeted truck stops, and websites which advertise dating and escort services.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Fish Report: 10 Cowboys FishTips Prepping For 49ers
- After Fatal Train Crash, Investigators Seek Answers
- It’s Finally Here! Opening Day At The State Fair Of Texas
- Trump Injects Bill Clinton Scandals Into 2016 Race
- Tulsa Officer Expected To Plead Not Guilty To Manslaughter
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures