FBI Director: “We Will Crush These Pimps”
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – A dozen children were rescued across Texas, and several people arrested, as part of a nationwide operation targeting child sex trafficking. Investigators taking part in Operation Cross Country rescued 2 children in Dallas.
The task force involved local, state, and federal law enforcement agencies. FBI Director James Comey said 281 people were arrested nationwide on charges of forcing children into prostitution.
“The lesson of Operation Cross Country is that our children are not for sale. We will respond and crush these pimps that would crush these children,” said Comey.
The operation has so far led to the rescue of 168 children nationwide. Investigators in Dallas targeted truck stops, and websites which advertise dating and escort services.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Remembering West Fertilizer Explosion 2 Years Later
- Hurst Woman Murdered In Apparent Domestic Dispute
- Stormy Weather Brings Dark Clouds To ACM Awards Events
- Prayer Service & Candlelight Vigil 2 Years After West Plant Explosion
- Dallas Homeowners File Suit Against Builder Of LBJ Expressway
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures