FBI Director: “We Will Crush These Pimps”
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) - A dozen children were rescued across Texas, and several people arrested, as part of a nationwide operation targeting child sex trafficking. Investigators taking part in Operation Cross Country rescued 2 children in Dallas.
The task force involved local, state, and federal law enforcement agencies. FBI Director James Comey said 281 people were arrested nationwide on charges of forcing children into prostitution.
“The lesson of Operation Cross Country is that our children are not for sale. We will respond and crush these pimps that would crush these children,” said Comey.
The operation has so far led to the rescue of 168 children nationwide. Investigators in Dallas targeted truck stops, and websites which advertise dating and escort services.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Tiger Shoots 82 For Highest Score Of Career
- Coach Carroll Leaves Decision To Sherman If Baby Arrives Early
- Goodell: No Decision Yet On Discipline For Lynch Antics
- Suspect Sketch Released In Lewisville Child Abduction Attempt
- Duncanville Man Shot, Killed In His Car
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures