Heavy Rains Swamp Homes, Roads Near Granbury
GRANBURY (CBSDFW.COM) – As much as six to eight inches of rain fell on Granbury and surrounding areas on Sunday. Flooding of a usually dry creek in the Quail Ridge subdivision blocked the only street connecting the west end of the neighborhood.
“I didn’t even think it was going to rain today,” said Gavin Hayward as he waited for hours for the water to recede so he could return to his home.
Flood waters damaged several homes in the Quail Ridge neighborhood.
Mark Swan was in San Angelo when a neighbor called to tell him his Hood County home was flooded.
When he made it back home, Swan found the flood waters had crushed his swimming pool, dislodged his hot tube, and sent his boat downstream.
When he built his home 14 years ago, Swan said he was told it would never flood like it did Sunday.
“I thought this would never happen here,” he said. “Never say never.”
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Mesquite Special Olympian Wins Silver Medal At World Games
- Changes To Come For S. Garland High School’s Crest
- Family Of Philip Wood Waiting For Confirmation On Plane Debris
- Fort Worth Police Say Suspended Officer Had Sex While On Duty
- DISD Opens New Early Childhood Centers To Delight Of Parents
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures