FLOWER MOUND, Texas (CBSDFW.COM) – On Monday afternoon the Flower Mound Police Department located the body of a male subject believed to be Wesley Andrew Hixson, who was reported missing since Saturday.
30-year-old Hixon went missing Saturday morning while he was out cycling with a group. Hixon is the son of Arlington Fire Department Lieutenant Tom Hixon.
According to police Hixon’s body was found in a ravine northeast of Twin Coves Marina, an area that had been searched before but because of the recent heavy rain the bike trails were very muddy making the search tougher.
Hixson, a resident of Roanoke, was last seen at 10 a.m. Saturday when he separated from his riding partner on the trails.
According to Hixson’s riding group he had a crash on his bike prior to the separation and may have suffered a head injury.
The Denton County Sheriff, Texas Park Rangers and several volunteer groups joined Flower Mound Police & Fire in the search.
The trail system at Grapevine Lake is 22 miles long.
Hixon is the son of Arlington Fire Department Lieutenant Tom Hixon.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Store Clerk Shot, Killed During Garland Robbery
- Three Killed After Haltom City Police Chase Ends In Crash
- 2 McKinney ISD Teachers Resign After Controversial Social Media Posts
- US Marches For Women’s Rights Slam Trump, Encourage Voting
- Titans Hire Mike Vrabel As New Coach After Quick Search
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures