AUSTIN (CBSDFW.COM) – A new free app called BrewDrop is available for boozers who want to streamline their beer runs.
Two brothers from Austin came up with the app after one them went on a beer run and got the order all wrong.
The app teams up with liquor stores to expedite the process. Through BrewDrop’s mobile application users can order beer, wine and liquor directly from their smartphone for delivery to the location of their choice in about 30 minutes, according to the company’s Facebook page. Users browse the inventory, place their order and wait for the doorbell to ring just minutes later.
The BrewDrop app asks for the user’s age and a delivery driver checks it. For now, the app is only available in Austin.
The app will eventually be available in North Texas. There is a $5 fee for every delivery made.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Report: Former Cowboy Greg Hardy Arrested In Richardson
- Multiple Police Agencies Looking For Armed, Dangerous Murder Suspect
- Opinion: Civil-Rights Protests? Dirk And The Mavs Want In
- Toddler Who Walked Away From Home In Farmers Branch Found Safe
- Texas Lunch Lady Has 100 Reasons To Celebrate
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures