Phoenix Coyotes Changing Name To Arizona Coyotes
Sports Fan Insider
GLENDALE, Ariz. (AP) - The Phoenix Coyotes are about to become the Arizona Coyotes.
The name change will coincide with the NHL draft on Friday, when the Coyotes will pick 12th overall.
The franchise has been known as the Phoenix Coyotes since it was relocated from Winnipeg in 1996, but the new ownership group wanted the name to be all-inclusive for the state of Arizona.
IceArizona purchased the team last summer after it had been operated by the NHL for four years.
The Coyotes’ uniforms have a new shoulder patch and the lettering in the team logo will change for the 2014-15 season.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- National Outdoor Art Show To Hit Billboards
- Robbie Lawler Poised For Another UFC Title Shot
- Texas Company Recalls Some Ready-To-Eat Items
- CBSSports.com: Fantasy Baseball Week 18 Starts And Sits
- Dallas Cowboys LB McClain Convicted In Alabama
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures