Phoenix Coyotes Changing Name To Arizona Coyotes
GLENDALE, Ariz. (AP) – The Phoenix Coyotes are about to become the Arizona Coyotes.
The name change will coincide with the NHL draft on Friday, when the Coyotes will pick 12th overall.
The franchise has been known as the Phoenix Coyotes since it was relocated from Winnipeg in 1996, but the new ownership group wanted the name to be all-inclusive for the state of Arizona.
IceArizona purchased the team last summer after it had been operated by the NHL for four years.
The Coyotes’ uniforms have a new shoulder patch and the lettering in the team logo will change for the 2014-15 season.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- New Ban On Abortion Coverage Easily Clears Texas Senate
- This Week In Baseball: It’s Time For The DH In Both Leagues
- 2Q Earnings Up For Denton-Based Sally Beauty Holdings
- Newest Cowboy Randy Gregory Gets Star Tattoo
- More People Googling On Mobile Than PC
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures