COLLEYVILLE (CBSDFW.COM) – The couple that was locked up for refusing to turn over their “dangerous dog” has been released from jail, and the dog has been put down.
Animal Control investigators say Mary Mooney and Mitch Miskey were hiding their puppy, Yankey, so he wouldn’t be put down.
Yankey was deemed dangerous after biting a child in May.
A Colleyville judge ordered for the dog to be turned over to Keller Animal Control and put down. Yankey was put down Monday evening.
It was determined at a hearing on Monday that Mooney and Miskey were hiding the dog, and both ended up going to jail after not turning him in.
Yankey was eventually found at a family friend’s home.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Friends React To Accused Murderer’s Death After Officer-Involved Shooting
- Runoff Election To Held For Frisco City Council Position
- Silver: NBA Will Keep Eye On State’s Inclusion Policies
- Trump Motorcade Hit By 2×4, 5 Students Face Charges
- Sen. Cruz Says Rio Grande Valley Crucial To Texas’ Economic Strength