COLLEYVILLE (CBSDFW.COM) – The couple that was locked up for refusing to turn over their “dangerous dog” has been released from jail, and the dog has been put down.
Animal Control investigators say Mary Mooney and Mitch Miskey were hiding their puppy, Yankey, so he wouldn’t be put down.
Yankey was deemed dangerous after biting a child in May.
A Colleyville judge ordered for the dog to be turned over to Keller Animal Control and put down. Yankey was put down Monday evening.
It was determined at a hearing on Monday that Mooney and Miskey were hiding the dog, and both ended up going to jail after not turning him in.
Yankey was eventually found at a family friend’s home.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Dallas Family Says Emergency Siren Was Placed Too Close To Home
- Grapevine Police Surprise Daughter Of Fallen Officer At Graduation
- Mesquite Teen Set To Graduate Honors Late Mom In Tweets
- Giant Observation Wheel Planned For Banks Of Trinity River
- No Additional Charges Against Woman Who Made Up Story About Trooper Sex Assault