SAO PAULO (AP) — Jozy Altidore will miss the United States’ World Cup game against Germany on Thursday because of his strained left hamstring.
The forward was injured in the Americans’ opening 2-1 win against Ghana on June 16 and didn’t play in Sunday’s 2-2 draw against Portugal.
U.S. coach Jurgen Klinsmann said Tuesday that if the Americans qualify for the knockout stage, “we’ll have a good chance to have him back again.”
Germany has four points and leads Group G on goal difference over the U.S. Portugal and Ghana, who also play Thursday, have one point apiece.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- UTSA Employee Jailed For Ripping Off University
- PD: 4-Year-Old Texas Boy Dies After BBQ Equipment Falls On Him
- Producer Rick Rubin Quietly Receives Recording Academy Honor
- Eaves Nets First Period Hat-Trick, Stars Hold Off ‘Hawks 4-2
- In Show-Dog Circles, Breeders In Big Cities Are A Small Pack
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures