SAO PAULO (AP) — Jozy Altidore will miss the United States’ World Cup game against Germany on Thursday because of his strained left hamstring.
The forward was injured in the Americans’ opening 2-1 win against Ghana on June 16 and didn’t play in Sunday’s 2-2 draw against Portugal.
U.S. coach Jurgen Klinsmann said Tuesday that if the Americans qualify for the knockout stage, “we’ll have a good chance to have him back again.”
Germany has four points and leads Group G on goal difference over the U.S. Portugal and Ghana, who also play Thursday, have one point apiece.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Woman Robbed At Intersection By Man She Thought Was Panhandling
- Family Says Kids Belong In Coppell ISD; District Says “No”
- People Revisiting Their Youth At Adult Sleepaway Camp
- Yu Darvish Homers In Rangers Win Over Reds
- Sex Toys Displayed At UT Protest Against Campus Carry
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures