Jozy Altidore To Miss US-Germany World Cup Game
Sports Fan Insider
SAO PAULO (AP) – Jozy Altidore will miss the United States’ World Cup game against Germany on Thursday because of his strained left hamstring.
The forward was injured in the Americans’ opening 2-1 win against Ghana on June 16 and didn’t play in Sunday’s 2-2 draw against Portugal.
U.S. coach Jurgen Klinsmann said Tuesday that if the Americans qualify for the knockout stage, “we’ll have a good chance to have him back again.”
Germany has four points and leads Group G on goal difference over the U.S. Portugal and Ghana, who also play Thursday, have one point apiece.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Pond Liners Used Against Lake Waco Zebra Mussels
- Emmitt Smith: Cowboys Have Offensive Balance, Not Yet ‘Triplets’
- Playoff Pinch Hits: Giants Hard To Beat After World Series Game 1 Win
- FedEx Predicts Holiday Delivery Increase
- Expectations Higher In Chandler’s Second Stint With Mavs
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures