LEARY, Texas (AP) — A medical helicopter transporting an Oklahoma traffic accident victim lost power and made an emergency landing in a Northeast Texas soybean field.
The Department of Public Safety says nobody was hurt in Monday afternoon’s landing near Leary, just west of Texarkana. Cpl. Heath Bell says the EagleMed helicopter apparently had mechanical failure.
Federal Aviation Administration spokesman Lynn Lunsford said Tuesday that investigators are trying to determine what caused the power loss. The chopper suffered substantial damage in the landing.
The Texarkana Gazette reports a woman hurt in a wreck in Idabel, Oklahoma, was being flown to Texarkana. The pilot, a paramedic and a flight nurse were also aboard. An ambulance transported the patient to a hospital. Her name and condition weren’t released.
EagleMed of Wichita, Kansas, didn’t immediately comment.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Computer Glitch Grounds Domestic United Airlines Flights
- Falcons Dominate Packers 44-21 For NFC Title
- Anderson, Nowitzki Help Mavericks Rout Lakers 122-73
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Shooting At San Antonio Mall
- Apparent Murder-Suicide In SE Texas Leaves 3 Dead, 2 Injured
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures