RICHMOND, TX (AP) — A Houston-area police officer has been praised as a hero for dragging a woman off some railroad tracks just moments before a train powers past.
The actions of Richmond Police Officer Ramon Morales were videotaped by a camera in his patrol car. Morales was on patrol early Sunday when someone flagged him down to say a woman was sitting on nearby train tracks.
The video shows the railroad crossing arms lowering as Morales runs to the tracks, grabs the woman and drags her to safety. The train then rolls by.
The rescued woman was taken to a hospital for evaluation.
Master Sgt. Lowell Neinast on Monday called Morales a hero who saved the woman without regard to his own life.
Richmond is 20 miles southwest of Houston.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Weather Stops Balloon Launches Then Suspends Festival In Plano
- Convicted Rapist Uses Fundraiser To Help Rape Victims
- North Texas Sneaks By Rice 42-35 In 2OT
- No. 6 Houston Routs Texas State 64-3
- Police: Washington Mall Shooting Suspect In Custody
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures