Texas Police Officer Pulls Woman From Train Tracks
RICHMOND, TX (AP) — A Houston-area police officer has been praised as a hero for dragging a woman off some railroad tracks just moments before a train powers past.
The actions of Richmond Police Officer Ramon Morales were videotaped by a camera in his patrol car. Morales was on patrol early Sunday when someone flagged him down to say a woman was sitting on nearby train tracks.
The video shows the railroad crossing arms lowering as Morales runs to the tracks, grabs the woman and drags her to safety. The train then rolls by.
The rescued woman was taken to a hospital for evaluation.
Master Sgt. Lowell Neinast on Monday called Morales a hero who saved the woman without regard to his own life.
Richmond is 20 miles southwest of Houston.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- It’s The Annual ‘Black Pieday’ At Fort Worth Pastry Shop
- Mesquite PD To Review Pursuit After Deadly Crash
- U.S. Adult Smoking Rate Dips Just Under 18-Percent
- Court: Warrant Needed To Draw Blood In DWI Cases
- Exclusive Video Shows New Angle Of Deadly Dallas Crash
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures