Texas Police Officer Pulls Woman From Train Tracks
Get Breaking News First
RICHMOND, TX (AP) — A Houston-area police officer has been praised as a hero for dragging a woman off some railroad tracks just moments before a train powers past.
The actions of Richmond Police Officer Ramon Morales were videotaped by a camera in his patrol car. Morales was on patrol early Sunday when someone flagged him down to say a woman was sitting on nearby train tracks.
The video shows the railroad crossing arms lowering as Morales runs to the tracks, grabs the woman and drags her to safety. The train then rolls by.
The rescued woman was taken to a hospital for evaluation.
Master Sgt. Lowell Neinast on Monday called Morales a hero who saved the woman without regard to his own life.
Richmond is 20 miles southwest of Houston.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Mavs Sign Free Agent Forward Charlie Villanueva
- Vote: Best College Football Program In Texas
- NASCAR Sets Testing Ban That Includes Daytona 500
- Dallas Mavericks Debut New Alternate Uniform
- Texas Backs Off Plan To Sell Alcohol At Gun Shows
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures