BETHESDA, Md. (AP) – Tiger Woods says he is without pain for the first time in two years as he embarks on his latest comeback.
Nearly three months after having back surgery to alleviate a pinched nerve, Woods returns to competition this week in the Quicken Loans National at Congressional.
Woods is the tournament host. He says he probably wouldn’t have played this week if the event did not benefit his foundation.
That’s not to suggest he is coming back too early. Woods says he has been ahead of schedule in the recovery and began taking full swings with a driver a few weeks ago. His goal all along was to be ready for the British Open.
He already has missed two majors this year.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dez To Fish: ‘My Message To Cowboys Nation’
- Woman Assaulted, Robbed On Katy Trail
- Highland Village Police Commander Graduates From FBI Academy
- United States Senator Honors DPD Chief David Brown For Service
- UTA Student Tweet Goes Viral After Switching Pants With Friend
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures
OLAPIC SPORTS UGC: