DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – He already oversees the country’s largest state fair, now “Big Tex” is topping a national top ten list as the country’s “quirkiest” landmark.
USA Today readers elected “Big Tex” the “best quirky landmark,” after four weeks of voting.
Big Tex has been greeting folks to the state fair with his signature “howdy folks” since 1952.
Of course, a new version debuted last year after the original burned down in 2012.
Amarillo’s Cadillac Ranch was named number six on the quirky list.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Dallas Cowboys Bus Involved In Fatal Crash In Arizona
- Child Dies After Being Left In A Hot Car In Dallas
- Ken Griffey Jr., Mike Piazza Inducted Into Hall Of Fame
- DeShields Homers, Rangers Beat Royals 2-1
- ‘Star Trek Beyond’ Soars With $59.6 Million Opening
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures