Big Tex Elected Country’s Quirkiest Landmark
Get Breaking News First
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) - He already oversees the country’s largest state fair, now “Big Tex” is topping a national top ten list as the country’s “quirkiest” landmark.
USA Today readers elected “Big Tex” the “best quirky landmark,” after four weeks of voting.
Big Tex has been greeting folks to the state fair with his signature “howdy folks” since 1952.
Of course, a new version debuted last year after the original burned down in 2012.
Amarillo’s Cadillac Ranch was named number six on the quirky list.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Cowboys Surviving Without Sacks, But Can It Last?
- Baptist Church Youth Leader Arrested For Indecent Exposure
- TCU Showing Pride For Former Ebola Patient Nina Pham
- Prayers Answered By Nurse Nina Pham’s Return To Texas
- Trailer & Tools Stolen From Business Owner Who Employs Vets
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures