DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – He already oversees the country’s largest state fair, now “Big Tex” is topping a national top ten list as the country’s “quirkiest” landmark.
USA Today readers elected “Big Tex” the “best quirky landmark,” after four weeks of voting.
Big Tex has been greeting folks to the state fair with his signature “howdy folks” since 1952.
Of course, a new version debuted last year after the original burned down in 2012.
Amarillo’s Cadillac Ranch was named number six on the quirky list.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Congress Cracks Down On “Bots” That Snap Up Concert Tickets
- Final Rules For K-12 Standardized Testing Released
- Surgeon General Calls Youth ‘Vaping’ A Public Health Threat
- Texas Tech Defeats UTSA 87-50 For 5th Straight Win
- Hampton Scores Season-High 21 In Texas A&M’s Victory Over Denver
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures