DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – He already oversees the country’s largest state fair, now “Big Tex” is topping a national top ten list as the country’s “quirkiest” landmark.
USA Today readers elected “Big Tex” the “best quirky landmark,” after four weeks of voting.
Big Tex has been greeting folks to the state fair with his signature “howdy folks” since 1952.
Of course, a new version debuted last year after the original burned down in 2012.
Amarillo’s Cadillac Ranch was named number six on the quirky list.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Churches Pray, Serve Where Deadly Tornadoes Struck Six Months Ago
- Chile Wins 2nd Straight Copa America Title
- Dallas Police Identify Suspect Vehicle In Murder Investigation
- 9-Year-Old Drowns In East Fort Worth Apartment Pool
- At Least 7 Stabbed At Protest Outside California Capitol
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures