DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – He already oversees the country’s largest state fair, now “Big Tex” is topping a national top ten list as the country’s “quirkiest” landmark.
USA Today readers elected “Big Tex” the “best quirky landmark,” after four weeks of voting.
Big Tex has been greeting folks to the state fair with his signature “howdy folks” since 1952.
Of course, a new version debuted last year after the original burned down in 2012.
Amarillo’s Cadillac Ranch was named number six on the quirky list.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Texas Judge Removed From Death Row Case Over Racial Remarks
- Judge Rules President Can’t Block Critics On Twitter
- Dottie Pepper On Fort Worth Invitational: ‘Every Hole Is Distinctive’
- New Mexico Files Counterclaims In Water Fight With Texas
- Police Seek Man Who Tried To Kidnap 9-Year-Old Walking Home From School
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures