Big Tex Elected Country’s Quirkiest Landmark
Get Breaking News First
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) - He already oversees the country’s largest state fair, now “Big Tex” is topping a national top ten list as the country’s “quirkiest” landmark.
USA Today readers elected “Big Tex” the “best quirky landmark,” after four weeks of voting.
Big Tex has been greeting folks to the state fair with his signature “howdy folks” since 1952.
Of course, a new version debuted last year after the original burned down in 2012.
Amarillo’s Cadillac Ranch was named number six on the quirky list.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Gas Station Wars In Dallas
- New Mavs F Chandler Parsons With Ben & Skin
- Cowboys LB McClain Misses Start Of Camp For Trial
- Mavs Make It Official, Sign Former All-Star PG Jameer Nelson
- The Couch: Singer Kate Miner
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures