DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – On June 23 a Dallas teenager went to police claiming to have been abducted, near Camp Wisdom and Belt Line, driven a short distance and sexually assaulted. Today officials confirmed the events never occurred.
When the 14-year-old girl made the claim of having been raped at knife-point after getting off the school bus in southwest Dallas, police responded and immediately issued an alert for the man she described and the vehicle he was allegedly driving.
Detectives said they learned the abduction and sexual assault did not occur after some investigation and several follow up interviews.
Police said they have, “…provided the reported victim with referrals to agencies that are better equipped to provide her with assistance for the difficult life changes she is facing.”
Officials also thanked the community and media for quickly getting out information from the Community Awareness Bulletin when a possible kidnapper/rapist was believed to be on the loose.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Texas Girls Lead Police On High-Speed Chase In Grandma’s Car
- Behind Famed Hot Dog Contest, A Whopper Of A Legend
- Holiday Weekend Begins With Record $415 Million Mega Millions Jackpot
- Cowboys Jerry Should Grant McClain One More Wish
- Heat Center Hassan Whiteside Spurns Mavs To Stay In Miami
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures