DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – On June 23 a Dallas teenager went to police claiming to have been abducted, near Camp Wisdom and Belt Line, driven a short distance and sexually assaulted. Today officials confirmed the events never occurred.
When the 14-year-old girl made the claim of having been raped at knife-point after getting off the school bus in southwest Dallas, police responded and immediately issued an alert for the man she described and the vehicle he was allegedly driving.
Detectives said they learned the abduction and sexual assault did not occur after some investigation and several follow up interviews.
Police said they have, “…provided the reported victim with referrals to agencies that are better equipped to provide her with assistance for the difficult life changes she is facing.”
Officials also thanked the community and media for quickly getting out information from the Community Awareness Bulletin when a possible kidnapper/rapist was believed to be on the loose.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Jones Says Romo “Will Play In A Superbowl,” Would Not Specify Team
- Wal-Mart To Add About 10,000 Retail Jobs In The U.S.
- Cowboys Season In Review: Dallas Exceeded All Expectations in 2016 Despite Early Playoff Loss
- “Momentous Changes” Push Back Ivanka Trump’s Book
- Poll Says Young Americans Fear Worse Life After Trump
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures