DALLAS (CBS 11 NEWS) – Another public information forum on Home Rule will be held in Dallas tonight. This one features a former state board of education member and a representative from the TEA.
The coalition for an accountable system of education, better known as CASE will present legal counsel from the Texas Education Agency, along with DISD Trustee Mike Morath and former state education board member Mavis Knight, in a education town hall explaining the details of changing a school system to a Home Rule Charter District.
The meeting will be held in Oak Cliff at the former location of Friendship West Baptist Church, 616 West Kiest Boulevard.
The forum begins at 6:30.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Fight Night: Personal Attacks, Court Debate For GOP Hopefuls
- Texas Transforms Into Hoops Heaven
- Obama Plans To Nominate Successor To SCOTUS Justice Antonin Scalia
- Charlotte Hits Century Mark Again, Beats North Texas 103-79
- Graham’s 27 Lead No. 6 Kansas Past No. 3 Oklahoma 76-72
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures