DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Wednesday night the Dallas Mavericks announced that they have acquired Tyson Chandler from the New York Knicks.
The 2011 NBA Champion and guard Raymond Felton were swapped for center Samuel Dalembert, guards Jose Calderon, Wayne Ellington and Shane Larkin and two 2014 second round picks.
MFFL (@MavsFansForLife) June 25, 2014
A part of the Mavericks 2011 NBA Championship team, Chandler averaged 10.1 points and a team-high 9.4 rebounds to help the Mavs to their first NBA title.
According to CBS Sports, acquiring Felton and Chandler takes up $17.7 million in cap space, but the Mavs are flush with it, with few players on long-term contracts, and Calderon himself was set to make just over $7 million next season.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Man Charged With Killing His Brother Over A Cell Phone
- Customers Claim Major Financial Giants Lured Them Into Money Loss
- Poultry Mogul Bo Pilgrim Dies At 89
- Truck Driver Could Face Death Penalty In Deadly Human Smuggling Case
- Mammoth Remains Uncovered In Parker County
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures