DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Wednesday night the Dallas Mavericks announced that they have acquired Tyson Chandler from the New York Knicks.
The 2011 NBA Champion and guard Raymond Felton were swapped for center Samuel Dalembert, guards Jose Calderon, Wayne Ellington and Shane Larkin and two 2014 second round picks.
MFFL (@MavsFansForLife) June 25, 2014
A part of the Mavericks 2011 NBA Championship team, Chandler averaged 10.1 points and a team-high 9.4 rebounds to help the Mavs to their first NBA title.
According to CBS Sports, acquiring Felton and Chandler takes up $17.7 million in cap space, but the Mavs are flush with it, with few players on long-term contracts, and Calderon himself was set to make just over $7 million next season.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Mexico Says Drug Lord ‘El Chapo’ Guzaman Extradited To US
- Julio Jones Says Sprained Toe Won’t Keep Him Out vs. Packers
- Brother Of Killer Of Little Elm Detective Believes He ‘Was Off His Meds’
- Former President Bush And First Lady, Barbara Doing Better
- Manziel: I Haven’t Been This Happy In A Long Time
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures