DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Wednesday night the Dallas Mavericks announced that they have acquired Tyson Chandler from the New York Knicks.
The 2011 NBA Champion and guard Raymond Felton were swapped for center Samuel Dalembert, guards Jose Calderon, Wayne Ellington and Shane Larkin and two 2014 second round picks.
MFFL (@MavsFansForLife) June 25, 2014
A part of the Mavericks 2011 NBA Championship team, Chandler averaged 10.1 points and a team-high 9.4 rebounds to help the Mavs to their first NBA title.
According to CBS Sports, acquiring Felton and Chandler takes up $17.7 million in cap space, but the Mavs are flush with it, with few players on long-term contracts, and Calderon himself was set to make just over $7 million next season.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Cantrell Continues Testimony In Price Corruption Trial
- Former TCU QB Trevone Boykin Arrested Following Dallas Wreck
- 30 Players: Tyler Skaggs Must Stay Healthy, Perform For Angels
- Stephen Jones Open About Cowboys Draft 1 And 1-A Needs
- Ted Koppel Says Sean Hannity Is “Bad For America”
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures