DALLAS (AP) – SMU has decided to allow beer sales at football games after similar offerings this year at basketball games.
Athletic department spokesman Brad Sutton said Wednesday that the plan is to sell beer at Gerald R. Ford Stadium starting this fall. Alcohol is already permitted in stadium luxury suites.
Beer sales began Jan 4. at basketball’s Moody Coliseum. SMU students age 21 and over were limited to three beers per game, with stubs on a wristband used to confirm purchases.
Sutton says the plan for Moody Coliseum was safe and successful. He says the process for beer sales at Ford Stadium, a venue that seats about 32,000, will also be carefully designed and vetted. He declined to release details.
The Mustangs open their home schedule Sept. 20 against Texas A&M.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Southbound Central Expressway Closed Due To Fatal Accident
- Halliburton, Baker Hughes Abandon $34B Merger
- Two Family Dollar Stores Robbed In Fort Worth
- Silver Alert Issued For Missing Burleson Man
- Jenny Shin Wins In Texas For First LPGA Tour Title
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures