DALLAS (AP) – SMU has decided to allow beer sales at football games after similar offerings this year at basketball games.
Athletic department spokesman Brad Sutton said Wednesday that the plan is to sell beer at Gerald R. Ford Stadium starting this fall. Alcohol is already permitted in stadium luxury suites.
Beer sales began Jan 4. at basketball’s Moody Coliseum. SMU students age 21 and over were limited to three beers per game, with stubs on a wristband used to confirm purchases.
Sutton says the plan for Moody Coliseum was safe and successful. He says the process for beer sales at Ford Stadium, a venue that seats about 32,000, will also be carefully designed and vetted. He declined to release details.
The Mustangs open their home schedule Sept. 20 against Texas A&M.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Selig, Schuerholz Elected To Baseball Hall Of Fame
- Cowboys Clinch Playoff Spot After Redskins Loss
- Death Toll Hits 33 In Oakland Warehouse Fire, Includes Teens
- Plane Landing Gear Collapses On Landing In San Antonio
- Baylor And Boise State To Play In Cactus Bowl
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures