ANSON, Texas (AP) – A West Texas father has been charged after his 2-year-old son drowned in an outdoor pool as the man allegedly played video games.
Jones County jail records show 20-year-old Austin Garrett of Anson was being held Wednesday on a charge of abandoning-endangering a child. Anson police on Tuesday announced the arrest of Garrett, whose bond was set at $75,000.
Police in Anson, about 20 miles northwest of Abilene, on June 4 responded to a call about a possible drowning in an above-ground pool at a home. Emergency personnel were not able to revive Brendyn Garrett.
Police say the father purposely left the toddler outside while playing a video game with a relative.
Jail records don’t list an attorney for the father.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- North Texas Congressman Reacts To KRLD Investigation Into Security Lapse At DFW Airport
- State Fair Food: Think Bacon Egg Rolls, Edible Cola, Fried Jell-O
- Clinton’s Pledge: Steady Hand At ‘Moment Of Reckoning’
- Young TCU Baseball Fan And Honorary Horned Frog Dies Of Cancer
- Frisco Residents Petition Against Proposed Electric Substation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures