PLANO, Texas (1080 KRLD) – The Plano school district and its taxpayers were the victims and federal officials say Carol LaRue and Kris Gentz are now facing up to five years in prison.
According to prosecutors LaRue owned and operated two companies – a fire safety and security systems business.
Officials claimed she conspired with Gentz, who worked with the Plano ISD, to write up invoices for work that was never done – from May of 2011 to December of last year.
The scheme defrauded the district out of nearly $7 million, of which LaRue was responsible for a lot not exceeding $2.5 million.
No sentencing date has been set.
The U.S. Attorney handling the case says the two defendants not only cheated the taxpayers, they robbed the children in Plano.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Vince Vaughn’s Thoughts On The Dallas Cowboys
- Jerry Jones & Son Talk Super Bowl, QBs & T.O.
- 12-Year-Old Dead, 2 Children Critically Injured After Denton 4-Vehicle Crash
- Fort Worth Police Searching For Robbery Suspect
- Kansas State Upsets Top-Ranked Oklahoma, 80-69
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures