Two Charged In Multi-Million Dollar Plano ISD Scam
Get Breaking News First
PLANO, Texas (1080 KRLD) – The Plano school district and its taxpayers were the victims and federal officials say Carol LaRue and Kris Gentz are now facing up to five years in prison.
According to prosecutors LaRue owned and operated two companies – a fire safety and security systems business.
Officials claimed she conspired with Gentz, who worked with the Plano ISD, to write up invoices for work that was never done – from May of 2011 to December of last year.
The scheme defrauded the district out of nearly $7 million, of which LaRue was responsible for a lot not exceeding $2.5 million.
No sentencing date has been set.
The U.S. Attorney handling the case says the two defendants not only cheated the taxpayers, they robbed the children in Plano.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- State Fair Of Texas Pays ‘Above Average’ Legal Bills
- Dallas Cowboys’ DeMarco Murray Joins Elite Company to Start 2014 NFL Season
- Details On Ebola Patient’s Arrival In Texas & Current Condition
- Ebola Fight – CDC Members Begin Arriving In North Texas
- Community Shocked By Ebola Case; Not Panicked
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures