CROWLEY (CBSDFW.COM) – A 12-year-old girl, who hit her head and suffered major injuries after falling from a moving car, has died.
The girl, who was taken off life support Wednesday evening, was one of several children who fell from the car while riding home from a neighborhood pool.
Police say the children’s mothers may have told them to ride on the trunk and the hood to keep the inside of the car dry.
The driver, 39-year-old Kisha Young, was arrested for driving under the influence on the day of the incident. At that time, Crowley police said Young and the girl’s mother could face more charges.
Crowley Police are working with the Tarrant County District Attorney’s Office to determine what additional charges may be filed.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Trump Backers Cry Foul Over Loss At Arizona GOP Convention
- People In Lindale Clean Up After And Relive Friday Tornado
- Sixth Victim Found Dead From Palestine Flooding
- Minors Injured In Church Van Crash In Fort Worth
- Dallas Homeowner Shoots, Kills Burglary Suspect
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures