CROWLEY (CBSDFW.COM) – A 12-year-old girl, who hit her head and suffered major injuries after falling from a moving car, has died.
The girl, who was taken off life support Wednesday evening, was one of several children who fell from the car while riding home from a neighborhood pool.
Police say the children’s mothers may have told them to ride on the trunk and the hood to keep the inside of the car dry.
The driver, 39-year-old Kisha Young, was arrested for driving under the influence on the day of the incident. At that time, Crowley police said Young and the girl’s mother could face more charges.
Crowley Police are working with the Tarrant County District Attorney’s Office to determine what additional charges may be filed.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- K-State, Texas Meet For Old-School, Ground-Based Game
- Nowitzki, Mavs Start Chase For Elusive Playoff Series Win
- Female Suspect Arrested After Short Chase In Dallas
- Kevin James Brings New Sitcom Back Home
- Warner Bros. Promises Previously Unreleased Prince Music
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures