Fort Worth Man Sentenced For Sexually Abusing 3-Year Old
FORT WORTH, Texas (CBSDFW.COM) – A Tarrant County jury deliberated for only nine minutes before convicting a Fort Worth man for sexually abusing a 3-year old girl.
28-year old Phillip Gene Hernandez was found guilty Wednesday of two counts of aggravated sexual assault of a child under age 6 and was sentenced by Judge Louis Sturns to two life sentences with no possibility for parole.
During the punishment phase of the trial, Hernandez’s checkered criminal history was disclosed including robbery, burglary of a habitation, burglary of vehicles, felony theft and drug possession, among others.
Prosecutors presented evidence that Hernandez went on a multi-day crime spree in November 2012 that included robbing a fast-food restaurant in Benbrook, burglarizing the same home twice and stealing two cars.
When arrested, police found him in possession of methamphetamine.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- DPS Trooper In Trouble Over Snoop Dogg Photo
- UTA, Arlington PD Arrest Suspect For Fondling
- Cowboys Mock Draft Blog 1.0 From CBS 11’s Bill Jones
- Texas Lawmakers Mull Increasing Juvenile Criminal Age To 18
- Dallas ISD Campaigning Now For New Teachers
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures