Fort Worth Man Sentenced For Sexually Abusing 3-Year Old
FORT WORTH, Texas (CBSDFW.COM) – A Tarrant County jury deliberated for only nine minutes before convicting a Fort Worth man for sexually abusing a 3-year old girl.
28-year old Phillip Gene Hernandez was found guilty Wednesday of two counts of aggravated sexual assault of a child under age 6 and was sentenced by Judge Louis Sturns to two life sentences with no possibility for parole.
During the punishment phase of the trial, Hernandez’s checkered criminal history was disclosed including robbery, burglary of a habitation, burglary of vehicles, felony theft and drug possession, among others.
Prosecutors presented evidence that Hernandez went on a multi-day crime spree in November 2012 that included robbing a fast-food restaurant in Benbrook, burglarizing the same home twice and stealing two cars.
When arrested, police found him in possession of methamphetamine.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Watauga PD Arrest Attempted Kidnapping Suspect
- Former Ranger, Josh Hamilton, Files For Divorce In Tarrant County
- Blue Bell Working To Get Past Listeria Contamination Scare
- Texas Veterinarian Fired, Being Investigated For Cat Death
- Hindu Temple Upset And Guard After Temple Vandalized
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures