Fort Worth Man Sentenced For Sexually Abusing 3-Year Old
FORT WORTH, Texas (CBSDFW.COM) – A Tarrant County jury deliberated for only nine minutes before convicting a Fort Worth man for sexually abusing a 3-year old girl.
28-year old Phillip Gene Hernandez was found guilty Wednesday of two counts of aggravated sexual assault of a child under age 6 and was sentenced by Judge Louis Sturns to two life sentences with no possibility for parole.
During the punishment phase of the trial, Hernandez’s checkered criminal history was disclosed including robbery, burglary of a habitation, burglary of vehicles, felony theft and drug possession, among others.
Prosecutors presented evidence that Hernandez went on a multi-day crime spree in November 2012 that included robbing a fast-food restaurant in Benbrook, burglarizing the same home twice and stealing two cars.
When arrested, police found him in possession of methamphetamine.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Haggard Farm Development Prompts Controversy
- Couple Found Shot Dead Inside Fort Worth Home
- Texas Dairy Queens Affected By Potential Data Breach
- Mom Upset After 5-Year-Old Gets On Wrong School Bus
- Collin Co. Leaders Criticize Plans For More Toll Roads
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures