DALLAS, Texas (AP) – Justin Martin is transferring to SMU from Xavier and is expected to be eligible next season.
The 6-foot-6 forward was a starter the last two of his three seasons with the Musketeers. Martin was second on the team in scoring (11.7 points per game) and rebounding (5.2) as a junior.
Martin is eligible because he earned his bachelor’s degree at Xavier, which went to the NCAA tournament twice in his three seasons.
Martin will join one of the nation’s top recruits in guard Emmanuel Mudiay as SMU tries to build on a 27-10 season that ended with a loss to Minnesota in the NIT championship game.
The Mustangs were left out of the NCAA tournament in their second year under Hall of Fame coach Larry Brown.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- New Exhibition Explores Legacy Of Black Fashion Designers
- The Degenerate’s Picks For Dec 10-11
- Report: University Of Houston Picks Major Applewhite As Head Coach
- NFL To Play 4 Regular-Season Games In London Next Year
- Japan Launches Much-Needed Supplies To Space Station
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures