Justin Martin Transferring To SMU From Xavier
DALLAS, Texas (AP) – Justin Martin is transferring to SMU from Xavier and is expected to be eligible next season.
The 6-foot-6 forward was a starter the last two of his three seasons with the Musketeers. Martin was second on the team in scoring (11.7 points per game) and rebounding (5.2) as a junior.
Martin is eligible because he earned his bachelor’s degree at Xavier, which went to the NCAA tournament twice in his three seasons.
Martin will join one of the nation’s top recruits in guard Emmanuel Mudiay as SMU tries to build on a 27-10 season that ended with a loss to Minnesota in the NIT championship game.
The Mustangs were left out of the NCAA tournament in their second year under Hall of Fame coach Larry Brown.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Study: Insurers May Use Drug Costs To Discriminate
- Paroled Dallas Inmate Set To Die For Different 1996 Slaying
- Police Believe Child Sexual Predator Uses Money To Lure Kids
- Lewisville Police Warn Of Attempted Child Abduction
- Police Offer Crime Prevention Class After String Of Burglaries
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures