IRVING, Texas (AP) – Retail gasoline prices have risen 2 cents this week across Texas.
AAA Texas on Thursday reported the average price at the pump reached $3.52 per gallon. Nationwide retail gas prices rose a penny, to hit $3.68 this week.
The association says Dallas has the highest gas price statewide at $3.58 per gallon. Drivers in Corpus Christi have the cheapest gasoline in Texas at $3.42 per gallon.
AAA says concerns over violence in the Middle East has contributed to an increase in global oil prices.
As for upcoming Independence Day, the group predicts 3 million Texans will travel 50 miles or more from home during the Fourth of July holiday weekend, with most taking trips by automobile.
The AAA travel period is defined as July 2 through July 6.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Amber Alert Issued For Teen Believed To Be In Danger
- Mother Whose Children Died In Hot Car In May Arrested
- Man Charged With 7 Counts Of Deadly Conduct
- Parkland Trauma Staff Recalls Police Ambush
- Goodbye Valley View Mall, Hello Dallas Midtown
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures