IRVING, Texas (AP) – Retail gasoline prices have risen 2 cents this week across Texas.
AAA Texas on Thursday reported the average price at the pump reached $3.52 per gallon. Nationwide retail gas prices rose a penny, to hit $3.68 this week.
The association says Dallas has the highest gas price statewide at $3.58 per gallon. Drivers in Corpus Christi have the cheapest gasoline in Texas at $3.42 per gallon.
AAA says concerns over violence in the Middle East has contributed to an increase in global oil prices.
As for upcoming Independence Day, the group predicts 3 million Texans will travel 50 miles or more from home during the Fourth of July holiday weekend, with most taking trips by automobile.
The AAA travel period is defined as July 2 through July 6.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- No Clear Plan Yet On How To Reunite Immigrant Parents With Children
- Rangers Beat Royals 4-1 To Extend Win Streak To 4 Games
- Lynx Hold Off Late Charge For 91-83 Win Over Wings
- Prosecutors Decline Sexual Assault Charges Against Scott Baio
- DPS Trooper Dragged, Injured In Greenville
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures