DALLAS, Texas (CBSDFW.COM) – Firefighters were called to a downtown Dallas highrise hotel Friday morning after smoke was seen rising from the building.
Dallas Fire & Rescue responded to several 911 calls for smoke coming from what used to be the Dallas Grand Hotel, located at the 1900 block of Commerce Street, in downtown around 10:00 am.
Reports indicated that smoke was coming from the 4th floor and the roof. When firefighters arrived at the location, they found a small fire in the basement.
Officials say workers were doing renovations in the basement, as well as throughout the building when the fire began. They all got out safely.
The cause of the fire is undetermined and under investigation.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Former President George H.W. Bush Hospitalized In Houston
- One Of Highland Park’s Oldest Mansions Scheduled To Be Demolished
- Top 5 Ways The Trump Administration Could Affect Your Wallet
- Little Elm Detective Killed In Line Of Duty; Suspect Dead
- Dallas Tops Forbes List Of Places To Invest In Real Estate