ADDISON (CBSDFW.COM) – Tickets to see one of the country’s top fireworks displays were gone more than a week before the big show.
This is the first time an admission ticket was required to gain access to the Addison Circle Watch Party. The tickets were free and were available online in early June. The available 20,000 tickets were accounted for by Wednesday, eight days before the July 3 show.
Even without an admission ticket to Addison Circle, people will be able to see the fireworks display from other areas of the city. Hotels and restaurants will host watch parties with promotions, special menus, outdoor seating and entertainment. City leaders estimate that about 500,000 watch the annual fireworks display, which has won praise from several national publications.
Check out the city of Addison’s website for Kaboom Town updates.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Live Blog: Los Angeles Chargers Vs. Dallas Cowboys On Thanksgiving Day
- Carrollton Police Looking For Missing Woman & Her Suspected Kidnapper
- Retailers Look To Woo Holiday Shoppers From Rivals, As Amazon Grows
- Trump Says “Country Is Starting To Do Really Well” In Thanksgiving Tweet
- Balloons, Bands, Increased Security At Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures