DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) — With the 14th pick in the 2014 NHL Draft, the Dallas Stars selected defenseman Julius Honka.
Honka, 18, played for the Swift Current in the WHL this past season, leading all Swift Current defensemen in goals (16), assists (40) and points (56).
Honka was also a member of Finland’s gold medal winning team at the 2014 World Junior Championship.
A scouting report at NHL.com describes Honka as an “offensive defenseman who models his game after Erik Karlsson of the Ottawa Senators.”[tweet https://twitter.com/DallasStars/status/482684463525027840 width=’330′]
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Prince Is Being Added To The Apollo Theater’s Walk Of Fame
- Jim Nantz On Wells Fargo Championship: ‘Has A Big-Time Feel To It’
- Kasich Dropping Out Of Republican Presidential Race
- NFL Warns Players About Eating Steroid Tainted Meat
- Big Rig Crash Blocks Fort Worth Highway For Hours
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures