DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) — With the 14th pick in the 2014 NHL Draft, the Dallas Stars selected defenseman Julius Honka.
Honka, 18, played for the Swift Current in the WHL this past season, leading all Swift Current defensemen in goals (16), assists (40) and points (56).
Honka was also a member of Finland’s gold medal winning team at the 2014 World Junior Championship.
A scouting report at NHL.com describes Honka as an “offensive defenseman who models his game after Erik Karlsson of the Ottawa Senators.”[tweet https://twitter.com/DallasStars/status/482684463525027840 width=’330′]
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Dallas Police Investigating Whether 1 Suspect Attacked 2 Women At Nearby Apartment Complexes
- Lloyd’s Late Goal Gives United States 1-0 Win Over Mexico
- No. 16 SMU Snaps Gonzaga’s 6-Game Streak With 69-60 Win
- Seguin Scores Twice During Big 2nd, Stars Beat Capitals 4-3
- Fight Night: Personal Attacks, Court Debate For GOP Hopefuls
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures