DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) — With the 14th pick in the 2014 NHL Draft, the Dallas Stars selected defenseman Julius Honka.
Honka, 18, played for the Swift Current in the WHL this past season, leading all Swift Current defensemen in goals (16), assists (40) and points (56).
Honka was also a member of Finland’s gold medal winning team at the 2014 World Junior Championship.
A scouting report at NHL.com describes Honka as an “offensive defenseman who models his game after Erik Karlsson of the Ottawa Senators.”[tweet https://twitter.com/DallasStars/status/482684463525027840 width=’330′]
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Fire Started By Lightning Consumes Collin County Home
- Depp’s Daughter Defends Him After Abuse Allegations
- Warriors Know Game 7 With Thunder Won’t Be Easy
- Rookie Driver Rossi Stretches Gas To Win Indy 500
- Truex Dominates NASCAR Race In Charlotte
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures