DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Hunt Oil Company had a full building evacuation drill Monday as part of its emergency preparedness program.
All employees and guests in the building evacuated to Klyde Warren Park. The company said in a press release that the evacuation was organized to help identify the “equipment, training, personnel and other resources necessary to respond to many types of emergencies in a way that protects the workforce, environment, public and company.”
The Hunt Oil Company Campus Buildings are located on the blocks between North Akard Street and St. Paul; Ross Ave. and Woodall Rodgers freeway; and Klyde Warren Park, 2012 Woodall Rodgers Freeway.
According to their website, The Hunt Oil Company was founded in December 18, 1934 and has since drilled oil wells on every continent in the world except Antarctica.
Here are scenes from Chopper 11 as the event got underway.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Taco Bell Partners With Lyft For ‘Ride-Thru’ Meals
- Texas Mulls Revived ‘Bathroom Bill’ Despite Uncertain Odds
- Red Cross Hoping Gift Card Offer Will Entice Blood Donors
- Dallas Carjacker Drags Man To His Death Before Crashing
- Police Drop Charges Against Whitehead, Say They Had The Wrong Guy
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures