Police: 9 Shot On Bourbon Street In New Orleans
NEW ORLEANS (AP) - New Orleans police continue searching for two men who exchanged gunfire on Bourbon Street in the French Quarter, leaving nine people shot in the crossfire, including two who are in critical condition.
Images captured from a surveillance camera above a bar showed people running down the street in the chaos of the shooting at 2:45 a.m. Sunday.
New Orleans Police Chief Ronal Serpas said six victims were hospitalized in stable condition. The other victim’s condition wasn’t available. Some of them were tourists. Their names weren’t immediately released.
Serpas says victims were shot “by two cowardly young men trying to hurt each other.”
New Orleans Mayor Mitch Landrieu pledged a swift response from law enforcement.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Celina Teacher Accidentally Sets Off Active Shooter Alert
- Texas’ New One-Sticker Inspection/Registration In Effect
- Ebola Patient, Nurse Says Hospital Used Her As “PR Pawn”
- Pothole Problems Persist Along Interstate-35W
- Legends Join DSO Principal Trumpeter For “Cancer Blows” Concert
PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures