Chrysler Adds 696,000 Vehicles To Ignition Recall
To fuel your love of cars,
visit the Autos section.
Get Breaking News First
DETROIT (AP) – Chrysler says it’s adding about 696,000 minivans and SUVs to a 2011 ignition-switch recall.
The latest recall covers some Dodge Journey SUVs and Chrysler Town & Country and Dodge Caravan minivans from the 2007 to 2009 model years.
But the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration says the recall doesn’t address its concerns about the switch problem stopping the air bags from inflating in a crash. The agency has asked Chrysler for more information.
Chrysler recalled 196,000 Journeys, Caravans and Town & Countrys in March of 2011 because the ignition keys could unexpectedly move from “run” to “accessory” and shut down the engine. This can knock out the power steering and disable air bags. Dealers will replace ignition modules.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- School Board Allocates $2M For Repairs On Allen’s $60M Stadium
- Wylie Firefighters Battle Flames At Church
- Claiborne Ready To Prove His Worth To Cowboys
- Dallas Police Hunt For Fatal Robbery Suspects
- Judge OKs Record-Setting $2B Sale Of Clippers
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures