Chrysler Adds 696,000 Vehicles To Ignition Recall
DETROIT (AP) – Chrysler says it’s adding about 696,000 minivans and SUVs to a 2011 ignition-switch recall.
The latest recall covers some Dodge Journey SUVs and Chrysler Town & Country and Dodge Caravan minivans from the 2007 to 2009 model years.
But the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration says the recall doesn’t address its concerns about the switch problem stopping the air bags from inflating in a crash. The agency has asked Chrysler for more information.
Chrysler recalled 196,000 Journeys, Caravans and Town & Countrys in March of 2011 because the ignition keys could unexpectedly move from “run” to “accessory” and shut down the engine. This can knock out the power steering and disable air bags. Dealers will replace ignition modules.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Texas Tech Upsets No. 9 Iowa State 78-73
- Jones Helps Texas A&M Outlast Tennessee 67-61
- Abbott Donors Have Strong Week; Inaugural Turnout Lags
- Bomb Threat Against 2 Planes At Atlanta’s Main airport
- Plano Police Arrest Suspect With Possible Link To Burglaries
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures