DALLAS, Texas (AP) – A Dallas-area teen charged in the death of another student after a fight allegedly over a video game has been indicted on a lesser manslaughter charge.
Dallas County jail records show Johnathan Turner was being held Tuesday on $500,000 bond in the death of fellow basketball player 18-year-old Troy Causey.
Turner, who’s 19, originally was charged with murder in the March death that led to a sports recruiting investigation and residency questions.
Causey played for Wilmer-Hutchins High School. Turner was a basketball standout at James Madison High School.
The Dallas Independent School District last month fired 15 employees, including some basketball coaches, amid allegations of faked residency documents to field both top athletes.
The indictment was returned Monday.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dallas Zoo Hippo Loses Calf After Giving Birth
- School Walkouts, Sit-Ins Planned After Florida Shooting
- Man Rescued After Driving Into Construction Hole In Irving
- Home Burglary Suspect Keeps Dallas Neighborhood On Edge
- Business Owner Says Square Holding More Than $7,000 Of His Money
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures