NEW YORK (AP) – CBS says Jennifer Love Hewitt is joining the cast of “Criminal Minds” this fall.
She will play Kate Callahan, a seasoned undercover agent whose superior work at the FBI has earned her a place in the Behavioral Analysis Unit.
Hewitt is returning to series TV after five seasons starring on CBS’ “Ghost Whisperer,” which aired from 2005 to 2010. Before that, she was in the ensemble of the Fox drama “Party of Five.” Her films include “I Know What You Did Last Summer” and its sequel.
CBS says her “Criminal Minds” character will be introduced in the series’ 10th season premiere, set to air Oct. 1.
The “Criminal Minds” cast also includes Joe Mantegna, Thomas Gibson, Shemar Moore and A.J. Cook.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Danny Garcia: Thurman’s ‘Never Been In The Ring With A Guy Like Me’
- Casey Affleck Speaks About Sexual Harassment Claims
- Grapevine Police Say Man Stabbed Co-Worker To Death
- McDonald’s To Offer Mobile Order-&-Pay This Year
- New Exxon CEO Says Company Will Boost Production
PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures