DALLAS, Texas (105.3 THE FAN) – Wednesday is a big day for the Dallas Mavericks because they have a meeting with a free agent player who could make a big difference for this team the next few years.
There are two ‘big fish’ NBA free agents this year: LeBron James, who everybody expects to say in Miami…and former NY Knicks forward Carmelo Anthony.
The Mavs are scheduled to sit down for a chat with Melo today. And despite the huge trade last week to re-acquire center Tyson Chandler, team owner Mark Cuban still has some money to spend.
“We’ve got a bunch of cap room so we can add somebody,” said Cuban.
And don’t forget about the big German, Dirk is a free agent now too, but Cuban’s not worried about getting him re-signed.
“Dirk understands how everything works and he’s been throwing names out of who he wants to play with” said Cuban.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Son Allegedly Stabs Mother In Fort Worth
- Trump, Clinton Poised For Must-See Debate Showdown
- Frisco Office Construction Growing To Meet The Need
- Report: Former Cowboy Greg Hardy Arrested In Richardson
- Multiple Police Agencies Looking For Armed, Dangerous Murder Suspect
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures