“Foreign Material” In Beef Products Prompts Recall At H-E-B
Get Breaking News First
SAN ANTONIO, TX (CBSDFW.COM) - According to a statement on the H-E-B website, the grocer is recalling several “beef market items” that were sold in its Texas stores due the presence of what they refer to as “foreign material.” According to H-E-B, no illnesses have been reported.
When asked what “foreign material” may be in the beef – speaking by phone – a customer relations representative for the grocer told CBSDFW only that it was a “non-illness causing material.” When asked to elaborate they said that information was not available.
In the statement Group Vice President of Public Affairs Winell Herron said, ” We take every precaution necessary to ensure the integrity and quality of the products sold in our stores.”
H-E-B posted the following list of products impacted by the voluntary recall.
* Retail Vacuum Sealed Packages with sell-by dates of 7/4/2014 and 7/5/2014 of the following products:
- Hill Country Fare Beef Fajitas RP UPC beginning with 220344
- H-E-B Seasoned Beef Fajitas UPC beginning with 220736
- Mi Comida Beef Skirt Steak For Fajitas (Bulk Package) UPC beginning with 222322
- Mi Comida Beef Skirt Steak For Fajitas UPC beginning with 222340
- Hill Country Fare Beef Fajitas UPC beginning with 224234
- Texas BBQ Rub Style Beef Skirt UPC beginning with 238715
* Retail Vacuum Sealed Packages with sell-by date of 6/24/2014 of the following products:
- Beef for Stew Meat UPC beginning with 222835
* Retail Vacuum Sealed Packages with sell-by date of 6/27/2014 of the following products:
- H-E-B Seasoned Beef For Carne Guisada UPC beginning with 220595
* Retail Packaged Styrofoam tray products with packed on dates of 6/9/2014 through 6/28/2014 of the following products:
- Stew meat RP UPC beginning with 220595
- Stew meat VP UPC beginning with 220621
- Beef for Stew UPC beginning with 221776
- Beef for Stew Meat VP UPC beginning with 222832
- Beef for Stew Meat Tenderized UPC beginning with 222836
H-E-B is telling customers who purchased the affected products that they can return them to the store for a full refund. Also, that customers with any questions or concerns can contact H-E-B Customer Relations at 1-800-432-3113.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- One Dead In Single-Vehicle Crash In Dallas
- Mikolas Leads Rangers Past Sloppy Yankees 4-2
- Briles Unfazed By Fisher Talk Of Title Games
- Big 12 Assigns 1st Female Football Official
- DL Stansbury Leaves Aggies; DB Davis Arrested
PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures