Police Get Break In Search For ‘Bulls Cap Bandits’
DALLAS, Texas (CBSDFW.COM/AP) – A local task force may have nabbed some of the bandits in a number of high-profile holdups.
The gang was dubbed the ‘Bulls Cap Bandits’ because in each of the 15-holdups they wore ball caps with the Chicago Bulls logo.
Police have said they were searching for three to four men. Now sources say there may be a break in the case.
It started with an armed robbery that happened at an auto parts store last month. Luckily the police were next door and were able to catch one of the robbers after an exchange of gunfire.
That man’s brother eventually turned himself in, and a tip led a Federal violent crimes task force to a third man who is being held on a federal firearms charge.
Sources say all three are the possible suspects the Bulls Cap robberies that happened between December 2013 and March 2014.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- No Carbon Monoxide Detectors In Most North Texas Schools
- Tea Party-Backed Texas Lawmaker Wants Marijuana Legalized
- Gas Leak Discovered Adjacent To Dallas House Explosion
- Former Top NFL Executive Expressed Seat Concerns To Jerry Jones
- Garland PD Investigate Possible Murder/Suicide At Assisted Living Facility
PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures