DALLAS (AP) – The Dallas Stars re-signed center Vernon Fiddler to a two-year, $2.5 million contract Wednesday.
The 34-year-old Fiddler will provide depth behind Tyler Seguin and Jason Spezza, who was picked up in a trade with Ottawa on Tuesday.
Fiddler had six goals and 17 assists in 76 games last season, when the Stars ended a five-year playoff drought and lost to Anaheim in six games in the first round. He has 77 goals and 129 assists in 656 games in 11 seasons with Nashville, Phoenix and Dallas.
The Stars also signed 22-year-old Brendan Ranford to a three-year entry-level contract. He spent his first pro season with the American Hockey League champion Texas Stars.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 18-Wheeler Hit By Train In Denton County
- Nobody Hurt When 4 Freight Train Cars Derail In East Texas
- Up To $30,000 Reward For Information On Harris County Cold Case
- Search On For 12-Year-Old Girl Missing In Saginaw
- Shippy & Luds: In The 5 Hole: Janmark’s Injury & More From Camp
PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures